I had the privilege of sitting down with Dr. Allison at Body Motion Physical Therapy today on Instagram LIVE. We talked all about Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy. I first saw a Pelvic Floor PT at six weeks postpartum with Benji. My visits were a complete game changer and changed the way I viewed my body, recovery, and returning to exercise after baby. I am a strong advocate of Pelvic Floor PT and encourage all women to book a visit, regardless of where they are in their motherhood journey. Knowledge is power!
In today’s IG LIVE we covered questions like:
- What is Pelvic Floor PT? How do they differ from a regular Physical Therapist?
- I was cleared at 6 weeks postpartum. Should I still see a Pelvic Floor PT?
- What can I expect at my first appointment?
- I was cleared at 6 weeks postpartum. Should I see a Pelvic Floor PT?
- How is a Pelvic Floor PT different than my OB/GYN? I also cover this topic in this blog post.
- When I should I see a Pelvic Floor PT (pre-conception, pregnancy, postpartum)?
- Is it ever too late to see a Pelvic Floor PT?
- What is Diastasis Recti and Pelvic Organ Prolapse?
Tune in below for the full interview with Dr. Allison. Questions? Comment below and Dr. Allison and I will be happy to help! You can also catch my interview on Dr. Allison’s Podcast, The Edmonds Moms Room, here.
Want to connect directly with Dr. Allison? You can get in touch and book your free Discovery Visit on the Body Motion Physical Therapy website.